Effective Ways To Stimulate Metabolism
To achieve your weight loss goals, you have to stimulate metabolism because a more efficient, faster metabolic rate allows you to shed those unwanted pounds easier. Have you ever noticed how some people seem to have a metabolism that never stops because they eat and eat, yet they're always thin? Believe it or not, speeding up your metabolism isn't that hard if you know a few helpful tricks to practice.
There is a reason why weight loss professionals emphasize the importance of drinking water, this is the easiest way to stimulate metabolism and help your body burn calories. This is because water naturally absorbs body heat, so when you drink it consistently throughout the day, your body has to continuously work to replenish any heat loss. It is suggested that if you drink really cold water, your metabolism speeds up even more.
You probably already know to reduce your calorie intake when you start dieting, but do you know that you have to continually decrease your consumed calories as you lose weight because your metabolism naturally slows down. To combat this problem, you need to build muscle because muscle burns more calories than fat.
Stay away from sugar because it slows your metabolism down faster than anything else, causing your body to store extra calories as fat. There are also some foods that you can eat that are proven to stimulate metabolism, such as:
- Spicy Food – While this was once considered a myth, it is now proven that if you add hot spices to food, you will burn at least 20 percent more fat. However, be careful not to overdo it or the spices will wreak havoc on your stomach.
- Celery – You can eat all the celery you want and it actually has negative calories, which means you burn more calories by eating it. This is why celery is any dieter's best friend.
- Berries – Forest fruits provide antioxidants and they are also a negative calorie food because your body actually burns more calories digesting them than what was consumed. The sugars they contain will also help satisfy your sweet cravings as well.
- Lemon Juice – Squeeze a bit of lemon juice in your water in the morning to curve your hunger and energize you to start your day.
- Oatmeal – Oat flakes very slowly release glucose into your blood so the sugar is easy for your metabolism to digest.
- Cabbage – Actually, any vegetable from the cabbage family including cauliflower and broccoli will stimulate metabolism. Not to mention, they are full of essential vitamins and mineral that your body needs to be healthy.
- Apples – An apple a day keeps the doctor and weight gain away! You can eat more than one, too. They make you feel fuller for a longer amount of time so they are ideal to eat before a big meal.
The fastest way to get your metabolism revved up and burning calories is to exercise. You don't even have to go to the gym or be a work out fanatic either because even squeezing in a daily walk with help substantially. You will soon find that the more you workout, the more you will want to do it.
Manage Your Stress
High stress levels can really take a toll on your metabolism. Weight gain that is caused by stress is incredibly unhealthy because it usually accumulates around the midsection, which increases your risk for diabetes and heart disease. Try to find time to do something you really love everyday and consider squeezing in a few minutes of meditation as needed.
A good night sleep really has a positive impact on your metabolism. It is proven that well-rested individuals are traditionally thinner. Keep in mind that the final hours you are asleep are dedicated to muscle regeneration so getting at least seven hours of sleep will increase the resting metabolic weight level that you have.