Fluke Parasite

Could You Have A Fluke Parasite?

A fluke parasite is a type of flatworm that causes diseases and infections in the lungs and digestive tract of its host.  “Trematode” is their technical name which is derived from Greek origin and means “having holes.”  They receive this name based on the characteristics that they are known to leach all of the nutrients that they can out of their host, attacking either the liver or lungs.

There are a few fluke parasite species that live in their own specific location in the human that they are infesting.  There have been cases documented of the liver parasite infection in the United States, Europe, China, Africa, Japan and the Middle East.  Lung infecting flukes have been reported in South America, Africa, Central America, Southeast Asia, the Far East and the Pacific Islands.


Lung flukes are significantly bigger than their related liver species however, they both have a similar life cycle.  It is possible for humans to be plagued with this type of lung infection by ingesting contaminated water or eating raw crayfish or crabs.  Once this lung fluke parasite gets inside your body, it travels to your small intestine where it can then journey to your lungs.

These types of parasites cause scar tissue and inflammation to develop from laying their eggs.  In some cases, the infection that they create ruptures which causes the individual to cough up blood, inflamed lung tissue and fluke eggs.  Other symptoms include fever, chest pain, diarrhea and abdominal pain.

Lung parasite infections will often develop into bronchitis, lung abscesses and pneumonia.  Additionally, in very rare cases, this type of fluke parasite will travel to the brain and cause fatal inflammation or seizures.

Clonorchiasis and Opisthorchiasis

These infections are both created by a Chinese liver fluke parasite.  Cases of these types of infections affect over 20 million individuals in China, Japan, India and Southeast Asia every year.  Infections are caused by consuming raw or undercooked contaminated fish.  Symptoms include vomiting, nausea, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, fatigue, rashes, swollen liver, fever and muscle pain.


Humans can become infected by this liver fluke parasite by consuming water chestnuts, watercress or any other plant that has a parasite cyst.  After this parasite enters your body, it travels through your digestive system to your liver.  Once it arrives at your liver, it destructs tissue and causes inflammation.  Symptoms include rashes, headaches, jaundice, muscle pain, loss of appetite, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and anemia.


It is much easier to prevent a fluke parasite infection than it is to deal with one.  Always kill any possible flukes that could be attached to your vegetables, meat and fish.  Since you cannot see them, this means washing your fruits and vegetables thoroughly and in some cases, even peeling off the skins.  Meat should always be cooked to the appropriate temperature and never eat raw or undercooked shellfish.  Keep in mind that drying, smoking, pickling and salting processes do not necessarily kill meat parasites.


If water is questionable, don't drink it.  These parasites are easily transmitted to humans through bathing or swimming in contaminated water.  Flukes also have the ability to infect aquatic plants, fish and aquatic vegetables.

Black Walnut Hull

A parasite cleanse is the best way to clean yourself from parasites, even if you are unaware you have any.  Black walnut removes harmful organisms and cleanses your intestinal tract.  This comes in liquid or pill form but should not be taken by individuals with iodine allergies.  Additionally, black walnut is ideal to add to the water bowl for your dogs to flush their system of parasites as well but should not be used more than five days per week.