Eliminate Belly Fat
How to Eliminate Belly Fat
One of the most troubling areas of the body for excess fat is the stomach, and as a result this tends to be a major focus so people want to know how to eliminate belly fat. The truth is that there really isn’t a sure and easy method of ridding yourself of belly fat; in most cases it will take a change in lifestyle. This change in lifestyle may include a change in the way you eat, and getting more exercise.
The following are some tips to help you to eliminate belly fat.
- The very first thing you will have to do to eliminate belly fat is to cut your calories and start eating low fat foods. You will need to eat at least three meals a day, but ensure that these meals are low calorie and low fat. If you do need to eat in between meals, it is best to keep those snacks low fat; eat vegetables and fruits for snacks instead of junk food and high sugar foods.
- It is also a good idea to drink plenty of water. The human body needs about 8 glasses of water each day. Although a lot of people find this difficult due to the fact that it is something they don’t normally do, the body will adjust. If you are drinking enough water, not only will it help to keep you feeling full, but it will also keep you hydrated. If you become dehydrated your body will have a tendency to hold water, which will make it appear as if you are gaining weight.
- Start getting more exercise. Although you do not have to kill yourself with exercise, you should be getting exercise several times a week. This can be as simple as walking for an hour a day, or spending a few hours a week at a gym. If you are out of shape, start out slow and work your way up to more exercise. Keep in mind that the best way to eliminate belly fat is to build muscle. While you are building muscle you are burning fat, which you need to do before it will disappear from your stomach.
- You will want to weigh yourself every few days to ensure you are staying on track with your weight loss goals, but it is not a good idea to weigh yourself on an everyday basis. Your body weight fluctuates a great deal, and this can be discouraging.
- Measure your chest, waist, hips and thighs about once a week. The scale may not give you an accurate picture of your progress, but measurements will. After about a month you should begin seeing several inches drop from these measurements.
- If your goal is to eliminate belly fat you will also want to refrain from eating at night. When there is food in your stomach at night it digests slower, and this will slow down your weight loss. If you have a tendency to get hungry at night, it is best to drink water or green tea instead of eating.
- Keep track of your calorie intake. For most people it is enough to cut back about three hundred calories, but this will depend on how many calories you are consuming now, and how active you are. Whatever you do, you won’t want to go below 1200 calories, as this can be bad for your health.
Before starting a weight loss program to eliminate belly fat, you’ll want to talk with your doctor to ensure there will be no complications if you diet and exercise.