Are You Looking For An Effective Denture Whitener?
Rest assured that if you find yourself looking for a quality denture whitener, you are definitely not alone. Like permanent teeth, dentures can become discolored or stained by the drinks and the food that your consume. Berries, coffee, juice, wine and nicotine have quite negative effects on your dentures. While many people will simply have their dentures replaced so that they can have a whiter shade, they really do not need to be replaced unless they become loose or worn down from aging.
To avoid needing a denture whitener later, you need to treat your false smile better than real teeth. Always clean your dentures whenever you have the opportunity. They should be brushed as often and the same way that you would real teeth and when brushing your dentures, always use a denture brush. This will enable you to remove any stubborn stains and really get into those crevices.
Every night, your dentures need to be soaked in a denture solution. These products work like a denture whitener to make your teeth bright. It is extremely important to never, under any circumstance, use traditional toothpaste on your dentures. There are components in toothpaste that will damage and break them down.
If you don't have a nightly denture whitener product to soak them in, you can use baking soda. Many people suggest that it works even better. Mix a couple of teaspoons of baking soda in some warm water and place your dentures in the substance overnight. This not only keeps them bright but also provides them with a nice fresh, clean smell.
Cleaning Devices And Solutions
- Dentist – Your first choice for a denture whitener should be your dentist. He or she can polish them back to their original shade. Once this is done, be sure to take care of them by brushing and soaking every night. Nobody enjoys paying for extra dentist visits!
- Branson Ultrasonic Denture Cleaner – This unit removes odor-causing film and stains, leaving your dentures smooth and fresh. Not only do they taste better, some say that their dentures literally fit better.
- Protech Denture Cleaner – This seems to be a top-pick denture whitener among wearers. Protech destroys pathogens that are commonly found on dentures as well as super tough stains from tea, coffee, nicotine and iron. This product can be used all by itself or alongside other cleaning products and cleaning devices.
- Violight Denture Spa – Denture wearers absolutely love this product. It is said to be the first device that offers a combination of different technologies. The Violight Dental Spa is gentle enough to use everyday to clean dentures as well as retainers, sport mouth guards, whitening trays and invisible braces. It uses embedded NanoSilver, high-frequency ultrasonic power and a germicidal UV light. The product is portable, battery operated and shuts itself off automatically after five minutes. NanoSilver is an antimicrobial substance that destroys mold, mildew, fungi, yeasts and pathogens. For maximum protection, the NanoSilver is embedded right into the device.
- Oral B Denture Brush – This is the most well-known product from the most respected manufacturer of oral hygiene products. Included in the package is a multi-tufted, large brush head that removes stains and food particles with ease as well as a small, angled brush head to reach those tough spots.
- Sonicbrite – This cleaning device breaks down the stubborn calculus on your dentures in approximately 15 minutes. Many people swear by the Sonicbrite system for their denture whitener of choice.
- SharperTEK – This ultrasonic cleaner can be safely used for dentures, partials, clear aligners, retainers, night guards and mouth guards. The SharperTEK unit features a tub made of stainless steel which provides a significant serviceability.
- Dentu-Creme – Glaxosmith pharmaceutical companies manufacture and distribute this toothpaste designed specifically for dentures. It is important to note that while this appears as a toothpaste, this denture whitener contains components that should only be used outside of the mouth.