Best Tricep Workout
BEST TRICEP WORKOUT: GETTING THE MOST MUSCLE FOR YOUR TIME AND MONEY
Working out is never easy, but why spend countless hours and cash when you can accomplish the best tricep workout at home? It doesn’t take a trip to the gym to make your arms look like Hulk Hogan. Here are some of the best tricep workouts compiled from the world’s leaders in weight lifting and body building.
PROJECT SWOLE (Close Grip Diamond Push Ups)
Yes, bigger triceps can be as simple as push ups and Project Swole swears by it. Here’s how to do it like the pros:
- Position your body face down on the floor, legs extended and toes pointing towards the floor.
- Place both hands under your chest with thumbs touching and index fingers touching to create a diamond formation.
- Slowly raise your upper body off the floor while keeping hands in place and toes firmly planted on the floor.
- Be sure to keep your body straight as you lift and fully extend your arms.
- Coming back down, keep body straight and hands positioned, bending only at the wrist and elbows.
- Once you complete a set of 10, begin again only this time include a clap of the hands each time you fully extend upwards.
BODY BUILDING SUPERSITE (Standing Barbell Triceps Extension)
- Using a barbell with weights you can handle, stand with your feet shoulder length apart and raise the barbell above your head.
- Keeping your body and arms straight, bend at the elbows and allow the barbell to slowly lower behind your head until the arm is at a 90 degree angle.
- Slowly bring the barbell back to the initial position above your head and repeat.
ASK MEN by Sabrina Rogers (Dips)
- Using a chair or weight bench, place feet extended in front of you and support your weight with only your hands and extended feet.
- Slowly lower your buttocks until your arms have reached a 90 degree angle.
- Once in position, slowly raise yourself back up to your original position and repeat.
SHAPE FIT (Seated Single Arm Dumbbell Extensions)
- Sitting forward on an elevated flat surface, bend at the waist with one arm resting at your side.
- Using your dumbbell, fully extend your other arm perpendicularly behind you and slowly bend your elbow downward into a 90 degree angle.
- Continue to raise and lower the arm keeping it fully extended and only bending at the elbow.
LEE HAYWARD (Dips)
- Using an elevated platform such as parallel bars, simply grab hold and pull yourself up until your arms are straight and supporting your body’s weight.
- Using the bars for support, slowly lower your entire body until your elbows are at a 90 degree angle, then pull yourself up again.
- Repeat the process for at least 10 repetitions.
As you can see, spending thousands of dollars at fitness centers every year isn’t necessary to get the body you want and need. Instead, by using home equipment and utilizing your own furniture, you can get the same results as the pros do without the hassle of heading to the gym. As a note, for those desiring a better body without the big budget, every day items around the home can be supplemented in place of workout equipment. It may seem silly, but using a small fireplace log or milk jug as weights can produce the same effects as does expensive barbell sets.
As with any exercise program, it is best to seek the advice of your physician or a personal trainer before beginning any new routine.